Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Net neutrality ain't shit to me

Net neutrality means all internet users have the right to send and receive packets of information equally. Got it?


Me neither. I snagged that opening sentence off of a web site somewhere, but I got bored writing this sentence, zoned out, and forgot to copy the link to the source. 

So I kept reading it until eventually I sort of figured it out. I think.

Currently I can visit internet sites "A" and "B" without restrictions or incurring extra monetary charges from my ISP.

Evil corporations want to change that. They want to divide internet content up and give priority internet speeds to assholes who will pay more and more and more money to access the content. So, once they toss out net neutrality an internet user can choose to visit certain sites at slower speeds or pay extra cash to visit them at higher speeds.

There's a whole cable vs wireless angle to it also, but let's face it, I'm on dial-up so whether I'm right or wrong about the whole thing I really don't give a shit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make it bleed...